January 13, 2013

Spreading the Zumba Love!

I’ve tried brisk walking, aerobics, badminton, and gym workout for wellness but not that totally engage.  But now I’m having both the fun and fitness with my latest love affair -Zumba, that I might consider marriage… haha!  Whoa, don't yah worry hubby... you'll always be my one and only!


my indulgence!


It started January of 2012 when a friend/*ZIN brought me and the rest of former high school friends to her newly-opened studio and presented the new dance fitness Zumba.  Eversince I loved it!












Zumba Fitness will definitely make you sweat as it involves full body workout, with lots of hip wriggling and midsection movements. I’m not a dancer. But I think Zumba brings out the aspiring dancer in me.  The Latin music and Latino dances and it's combi with some hiphop steps  make me feel good and happy.  Once I feel the beat, my body and moves follow.




The Zumba dance routine can be easy to follow, though at times I find it hard considering my age and flexibility.  I modify it and suit my own style I don’t copy the exact moves or the intensity of the ZIN.  What looks good on one ZIN does not necessarily will look good on me.  I might look awkward and comical which is okay if you intend to be funny.  So I only do what my body can take or else I’ll be sore all over afterwards


How I wanted this body for keeps! But I love bonding with my happy foodies !

On April 2012 by Batch '85 team effort, Zumba Dance Fitness was launched in Cainta, our hometown school and community. As they say, the rest is history! 



 Anybody can join and do Zumba. There are types of Zumba classes for all ages and needs: Zumba Fitness, Zumbatomic, Zumba Gold, Zumba Toning, Zumba Sentao, Aqua Zumba, Zumba Gold-Toning, Zumbini, and Zumba in the Circuit.  http://www.zumba.com/en-US/party

With my Zumba Kid Iyah


Find me! Find me!



Anyway, the bottom line is I’m having a fun way to sweat away my calories. It also beats my blues away.  Zumba is entertaining. Zumba is not just a workout, it’s a party! 



Ditch the Workout, Join the Party!

The Zumba craze has spread in the Philippines.  It is not only offered in fitness gym but also at the malls.    There are also Zumba for private companies or charity events.   Even the municipalities and local barangays hold Zumba fitness in basketball courts for free.  

 What a way to spread Zumba love!

Zumba Love at theTown Plaza April 2012


Zumba Love at the Shopping Mall September 2012
Zumba Love at a Company Multi-purpose Hall November 2012
Zumba Love at the Church Formation Center December 2012
















                 
                 Lately, I've been absent in the Zumba circle.  Thank goodness I have this app downloaded in my iPad mini.  It's fun but nothing beats jamming with the real Zumba lovers! When I have the time I really love to join the party. Check out this site >>>  http://www.148apps.com/reviews/zumba-dance-review/


Photo source: Google 


*ZIN - Zumba Instructor Network

Zumba is a dance fitness program created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez during the 1990s.[1]

Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Zumba's choreography incorporates hip-hopsocasambasalsamerenguemambomartial arts, and some Bollywood and belly dance moves. Squats and lunges are also included.

[2] Zumba Fitness, an organization that sells Zumba videos and products, does not charge licensing fees to gyms or fitness centers.[3] Approximately 14 million people take weekly Zumba classes in over 140,000 locations across more than 150 countries.[4]
References: Wikipedia

  1. ^ Zumba brings the dance party into the health clubUSA Today, 10 October 2011
  2. ^ Fitness Guinea Pig: ZumbaBrides Magazine
  3. ^ Zumba Shakes the Monotony Out of Ordinary Aerobics ClassesThe Washington Post, 31 July 2008
  4. a b c "About Zumba Fitness". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
Check out this page for more info on Zumba:
     https://www.acefitness.org/certifiednews/images/article/pdfs/ACEZumbaStudy.pdf
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zumba

6 comments:

  1. spread zumba love❤❤❤ and kindness!!! - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...super nice & duper cool!!! Ang GALING!!! LOVE IT,sis Nini <3 ;) <3 Dai suki!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dai suki thanks! sis hope you try zumba one of these days!❤❤❤

      Delete
  3. first zumba blog i've read and i loved it<3<3<3 great job bff :) :* - your fan, ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby i'm glad you loved it! hehehe...that's what bffs are for! try to attend your zumba class there in toronto...love love love!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!