March 31, 2013

My American Experience

Well it’s not just the tour that was amusing but the experience of some American culture as well.    

    I noted the well-stocked supermarkets, filled with so many choices.
    
Typical American grocery store
Jalapenos, capsicum of different color, sizes and shapes!

    I was in awe with the enormous portions of food servings and free refills of American food.
     I was amazed at their freeways and how devoutly American drivers obey the traffic laws. American drivers always respect the pedestrian. I like it when they slow down or on full stop when we’re walking on our way to the parking lot. I’m amused on how they depend on the voice navigator and Google maps navi or GPS.

Calculating turn right now...


    Thanks America for the abundance of toilets with toilet paper, paper towels and disposable toilet seat cover.


Washroom moment!

    I think the people are very friendly. Almost everybody opens doors to you. They greet you with "Hello" or "How are you?"  It is simply a pleasantry. Always heard them say "please" and "thank you" to everyone for even the smallest kindness. They even say "Pardon me" or "Excuse me" if they are coming on your way or almost bumps into you.   

    Homeless in America. They really have poverty in the US just as shown in the movies.


    USA was mostly what I expected, though I have only seen two states. You don’t really know it until you visit or live in America for years. The three weeks spent in the States was worth the long journey of uncomfortable seats, cramped legroom and jet lag. Nevertheless this trip to USA was very pleasant.  I wish I could visit the one and only Big Apple next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!