December 12, 2010

A Mother's Ears: Harvey Beatboxing!

bt!... pft!... ts!.. bt!... pft!... ts!" A louder and punchier b! "BoomBa! BoomBa!
It's all over the house... imitations of percussion sounds... seems like beating drums. 

It is Harvey's beatboxing. But he sounds a lot goofy, as in Goofy of Disney...not being silly but the way he pronounces words. And he never stops. He never runs out of air... what a great deal of lung capacity my son has.

But this beatboxing makes me crazy. It is too much for me. And I complain in hysterics. What can a mother do? A mother needs to lend an ear. So I have to listen and understand patiently and appreciate.

Amid all the noise and the saliva spits out of Harvey's deafening beatboxing, I am hoping he will get it right someday. Unfortunately, I didn't capture on video his beatboxing.

I know it may take some practice and a mother's ears to make this beatboxing enjoyable for others' ears as well.


by Nini Lucas-San Andres
December 12, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!