May 6, 2013

My First Trip to USA 2013

          It was my first time traveling far and visiting USA.  I was with my two elder sisters who've been to the States many times.

          The flight to San Francisco was on an old PAL plane the one with monitors above the aisles.  It was not so enjoyable because of all the little imperfect aspects like the cramped legroom and uneasy seat.  You see, long haul flights are definitely uncomfortable amd much uncomfortable if you're flying economy class.

       In situation like this, I just need to make the flight turned out a little more pleasurable.  Food to the rescue!  Yes, just enjoy the meal.  Add to that, the idea of after many years of wanting to travel to the US it suddenly just came true.

       We arrived at San Francisco on Feb 8 after a long haul flight of 15 hours from Manila.  The landing was light and hardly noticeable.  Arriving at night didn't really feel like I was in America, but I had a good feeling anyway.


     
     My biological clock was switched 15 hours backwards and it's so hard to get sleep.  I haven't fully adjusted to the new time zone.  You see I had my cam and a note and pen but I was not able to properly record the details of our trip because of poor sleep.  I was disorganized.  It's a good thing our guides were fully equipped with cam and all!
    
   Mind you guys that it's winter but it didn't stop us from getting us to everywhere.  Imagine covering 11 cities in 3 weeks, 8 airports, 5 flights, 6 road trips.  Amazing race it was!


     My sisters and I had a great time in California even if we missed to ride cable cars while in San Francisco.  The sightseeing was more than enough and it was fun.            
 The Golden Gate Bridge was perfect backdrop for my photos.

Felt young again on my rides in Disneyland

 Walked with the "stars” in Hollywood Walk of Fame.






             
i'm on fire!
    
hot chocolat perfect to warm you up



i must i must!


We went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in Hollywood and mingled with some of the stars!

Stand-up comedy with Robin Williams
Hitch by Will Smith
Assistant directing job for Steven Spielberg
Hide 'n seek with the dinosaurs of La Brea Tar Pits.

  Heavenly Mountain Resort is a ski resort located on the California-Nevada border in South Lake Tahoe. We avail of the round trip chartered transportation on a 55 passenger motorcoach bus.  It took us a 5 hour trip by bus from Bay area to Lake Tahoe.  Unfortunately, our trip back to San Jose took 7 hours! Anyway, Lake Tahoe in winter was a great experience!



my first real snow experience

I survived the 3000ft gondola ride!


big sequioa and redwood trees of Calaveras State Park in Arnold California

It was a long drive from LA to San Diego by car. It should be 3 hrs but took us 4.  I don't mind coz I love the city and the factory outlets! 

 Intramuros-like in Balboa Park in San Diego 
    
USA- Mexico Border


Loma Point Lighthouse

Cabrillo Monument

I almost cried at Paul Dyer and Lilwyn Lucas's exchange of vows. Perfect with a scenic view of hills at sunset in San Ramon. 


 


       The flight from San Diego to Las Vegas was an experience filled with breathtaking views of the largest US desert.  Welcome to the "Entertainment Capital of the World."

the famous sign!

how i wish!














         
recalculating... turn right!

 Experienced the "Sin City"  in downtown Las Vegas! Fremont Street Experience. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

i'm a rock star!








Hoover Dam, once known as Boulder Dam, is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between the US states of Arizona and NevadaIts construction was the result of a massive effort involving thousands of workers, and cost over one hundred lives. The dam was controversially named after President Herbert Hoover.



No entry on Area 51.  Only alien allowed!

We were so blessed.  Our hosts were gracious!  Family and friends we met were warm and welcoming and generous.  We got free accommodation and never ending buffet and tours.  Invites were pouring in but unfortunately our sked was full. 
The US trip was a great experience and I'm so blessed and thankful!





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. we had a grand time in the US courtesy of fambam and friends! we're so lucky!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!