November 27, 2009

A Mother in Astonishment: Harvey’s Skinny Jeans


I stared at Harvey in awe. I watched as he tried on his new pair of pants.

I could not believe that my eleven year old son was wearing green and black checkered skinny jeans. Not at his age and not to this family. Boys in our family never wear fashionable clothes…just in simple jeans and T-shirt. As far as I know, Harvey’s personality is more of sporty than stylish.

People tend to judge so quick on what people wear. Others might look at it weird and gay. But I find Harvey wearing tight jeans a brave move. Anyway, the Jonas Brothers are famous for their tight jeans. That’s why local stars alike see skinny jeans more punk-rock based, fashionable and cool.




Gone are the days when looking good and attractive was the concern of girls alone. Now, boys are also concerned about their looks. Boys want to look good and presentable. They have strong concern for their appearance and lifestyle. It’s a personal fashion statement. I heard they are called metrosexuals. David Beckham admittedly is a proud metrosexual.

Yes I am guilty as charged for not accepting more about the things my boys like. I really have to keep abreast of new trends. Anyway, my boy will surely outgrow his pants. His personality is different from my personality. He has his own style. And Harvey is still Harvey. As the saying goes…clothes do not make the man.


2 comments:

I would love to hear from you!